Updates: In three years there have
been three major changes in arrangement of material. This summary is
provided for convenience in finding things remembered from previous visits.
The Index Page is revised a little as of July 24, 2002: Only
one link has been removed from the home page and it is given
Changes and Additions in January 2005
Before January 10, 2005, the top of the index
page advertised new items as shown below.
Latest Item: Great Pic. On
top of Old Con. 8 circa 1917
The 2003 Reunion was a great success once again. Picture Story--(7/29/03)
Link to Things That are NEW since the Reunion Story CON. 8 CHURCHES
AND MORE -- (7/30/03-8/23/03)
|The Latest Item: has been replaced
by a link to the story of the building and school from 1912 to 1929.
That link was to a picture of Herman McClure and Cecil Sims on top
of the old Con. 8 building in about 1917 which is now a part of the
full story. A direct link to that part of the story is given below, but linking
to the full story helps
to put it in context. That story coordinates links to all the pictures
and student list for the 1912-1929 period; but here is a direct link
On Top of Con. 8~1917
| The 2003 Reunion Story Link
has been moved down under the list of Specialty Seminars as explained on
the index page,
|The Things That are NEW since the Reunion
Story.... Link has been removed from the index page and these items
are normally reached by other links.
The Con 8 Churches ....Link has been placed on
the index page under the list of Specialty Seminars.
The old link also led to a "new stuff" page where there were links to many
of the items new at that time: The then new Collages for classes of
1934 and 1946 are now linked from the Main Course in the portion
appropriate to the school year, which treats them the same as the other collages
or graduation pictures. However, the links previously provided are
reproduced below, and following that we give provide the 2002 update
Things that are new
since July 28, 2003
Guide to new Material and New Format of Index Page ---July 24, 2002
here: 1912-1913 School Building
and Some Students
although equivalent material is available in other forms in their
context from the Main Course.
The main story of the school that was previously called Facts
and Supposition is now called the Main Course,
A Chronological History of the School.
It is just updated from the last and works exactly as before providing
links in context to other pages.
For the benefit of those who have visited the site within the last
year, there is a list of Direct Links
to new material, which will either go directly to or guide you to
the location of the major additions made in the July 24 update.
Other links from the main page have been put into the Specialty Seminars
group and are unchanged except for small variation in the name used for
the link. They should all be recognizable. The dates are those of the last
change in the page content.
A Pictorial Study of the Old Brick Building
and Grounds from 1929 to 1957
A Pictorial Story of the Development of the
Con. 8 Historical Marker Site 1999-200
A Preview of the Historical Marker Site
2 Days Before its Dedication
The 2001 Con. 8 Reunion and the Dedication
of the Historical Site
The one map previously available was for the location of the 8 schools
that related to Con. 8. It and the new maps are now under the heading
Map with Locations of 8 Schools and Notes
about their merging with Con. 8 in the first half of the last century.(
1913 Map of Southwest Kiowa County
Showing Schools and other information with supplementary annotation by
Plat of Con. 8 area
with names of Lessees and Claim Holders --Helpful for family history research
1913 Plat of Con. 8 area
with names of Lessees and Owners in the Con. 8 area at about
the time the school was formed-- also useful for family history (7/24/02)
Direct Links: New Items Included On July 24, 2002
These items are also available as links made within the context of the
older material. A set of links is provided for those who have viewed
the site before and just want to see the major additions and corrections.
1. Classes that would have graduated after
-- Added to the end of the Chronological History of the School (formerly
Facts and Suppositions). This link takes you to the History where
table of contents has a new link to After 1957.
This is a list of students assembled from the Spring 1955 Yearbook which
has Pictures and Names of Students in all the grades.
2. Classes of 1921-1922
---These are new pictures that are also linked in context from
the Chronological History , but this link takes you directly to that new
3. Classes of 1923-1924
---These pictures are also linked in context from the Chronological History.
One of the pictures was previously linked from there as a 1922-1923
class, but the dating is revised to 1923-1924, and the other is a
new picture of another class in that year.
4. Group Picture of All
Con. 8 High school Students and Teachers in spring 1933
(7/24/02)--Linked also from the Chronological History, but this takes
you directly to the new page.(New
identifications through 01/31/03 added)
5. Eighth Grade for year 1934-1935.
-- This has been added to the collection for the 1934-1935 classes
that is linked from the Chronological History. This link takes you
directly to the collection page. The eighth grade picture is at the
bottom of the page.